Good manners are all about respecting others and yourself.
16 Jul 2018
Courtesy, politeness - having good manners - are all about respecting others and yourself.
Good manners are about considering the feelings of other people, and being the kind of person that others will like and respect.
If you show good manners everywhere you go, then you are more likely to encourage others to behave in the same way towards you.
What good manners look like at home
- Being helpful to others in your home.
- Saying 'please' and 'thank you'.
- Sharing and not grabbing and keeping good things to yourself.
- Respecting other people's property and their rooms.
- Helping the family by doing your chores.
- Cleaning up after yourself.
The kids we talked with when the topic on good manners was being written, came up with many other ideas about good manners and why they are important. Have a look at their ideas in the topic Good manners and see if you can work out why they chose these examples of good manners and why they think that good manners are important.