The Women's and Children's Health Network has a number of Aboriginal Cultural Consultants whose roles include:
- supporting Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander children and families in gaining access to Child and Family Health Services, eg.
- linking families to local community supports and referral services in South Australia;
- supporting non-Aboriginal staff to
- develop trusting relationships with Aboriginal families
- facilitate communication with Aboriginal families
- provide culturally sensitive services to Aboriginal children and families.
The Aboriginal Cultural Consultants are Aboriginal workers who are accessible at various times at the following Child and Family Health Centre locations:
- Murray Bridge
- Port Augusta
Contact details for Child and Family Health services:
- Child and Family Health Centres are generally open between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Appointments: 1300 733 606
(line open 9am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday)
- After hours - via the Parent Helpline: 1300 364 100.
All Child and Family Health Services are free and statewide. They are provided by qualified nurses, medical staff, social workers, physiotherapists and Aboriginal Cultural Consultants.