The Child and Youth Health web site is looked after by the Women's and Children's Health Network in South Australia. Our government minister is the Minister for Health and Wellbeing, the Honourable Stephen Wade, MP.
Since 1909, our doctors, nurses, social workers and other health professionals have been working with parents to help children "Start Healthy and Stay healthy".
We have over 150 locations all over South Australia where parents, children and young people can find health care, help and advice, and our Parent Helpline work 24 hours a day to help South Australian families and young people with advice and information over the telephone.
So, welcome to the 'Kids Only' site, just for 6 to 12 year olds.
Dr Kim and Dr Kate say:
- Many of the topics on our sites have been written because people asked for those topics to be written.
- Over 500 kids were surveyed to find out what topics they would like on the Kids Health site.
- All the Kids topics have been trialed by kids.
- Nearly every drawing is the work of kids.
- Kids wrote many of the poems.
- If you don't find the information you want here, you could ask your parents to see if it is on the Parenting and Child Health section, written for parents - www.cyh.com/parenting
Our organisation has been helping people in South Australia for nearly a hundred years and now, through the internet, we can help you too.