South Australian 'My Health and Development Record'
(known as the 'Blue Book')
The Blue Book is given to all parents of newborns in South Australia. It is a parent-held record for you to:
- record your child's growth
- check your child's development
- record children's vaccinations
- take to health and immunisation appointments
- use to help discuss your child’s development with a health professional or early childhood educator.
- trusted guidance on sleep, feeding and child safety
- developmental milestones, growth charts, immunisation record and health checks
- a list of additional resources and service contacts.
The first five years, and especially the first 1000 days, are important to your child’s life-long health, wellbeing and opportunity.
If you have any questions about your child’s development, talk with a Child and Family Health Service nurse, your doctor, or other health care or early education provider. If you are worried about your child’s health and development, seek help early.
Download 'My Health and Development Record'
My Health and Development Record (1.7mb)
Extra hard copy pages can be printed from the PDF above. If you would like A4-sized pages:
- open the PDF file in Adobe Reader (see link below)
- in Adobe Reader, choose 'Print…” from the 'File' menu
- under the 'Page Scaling' option choose 'Fit to Printable Area'.
If you are using earlier editions of the Blue Book, you can download pages you are interested in from the 2020 edition to insert into your child's health record.
How to give feedback
Your feedback is important to us. Please click here to provide feedback: